Switch types

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Switch types

Post  ack on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:57 pm

What year did Peavey make the change from/to the flat switch to the round switch (or vice versa)?
The reason I ask is because of this ad (and I'm trying to verify authenticity as I browse the net):

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/msg/2218968182.html

The serial # in that ad corresponds to 1983 and the switches are the rounded type.

My T-40 is from 1981 and has flat type switches:

ack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Switch types

Post  BrandonS on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:16 pm

My '82 has flat switches.
BrandonS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank N. Peavey on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:52 am

I haven't been able to nail down the specific transistion time yet. Just when I think I have it another serial number pops up that challenges what I've learned. I've seen round switches mostly on '83 and later T's. But I have also seen those with flat switches too.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s, T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Bandit, Musician 400, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Frank N. Peavey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mooreon131 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:07 pm

My black '81 has round switches, but I'm not positive they are original, as some @$$clown pulled out the steel nut and replaced it with plastic. Why anyone would do such a thing is beyond me. I'm always looking for a new steel nut, btw.

mooreon131

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank N. Peavey on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:56 pm

I looked at my spreadsheet again. I noticed some round switches in '82. Also saw some '82s with flat switches. There doesn't seem to be a definite stop and start date 'cause the serial numbers for the round switches were earlier than the flat switches. If only Peavey had kept better records of build dates and parts used. We used to be able to get a ship date that we could use to get in the ballpark for the birthdate, but their database is no longer available. Go figure.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s, T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Bandit, Musician 400, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Frank N. Peavey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top