The other Peavey basses

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The other Peavey basses

Post  Scottpro1969 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:48 am

I have owned several of the other Peavey bass models. I've never found a "dog" Peavey bass. I've owned a Foundation, Dyna, T-20, T-45, Patriot (an amazing bass that is still not quite discovered yet as some of the others have been), B-90, and a Fury.

I welcome any and all discussion on any of these, or any other Peavey basses.

Scottpro1969
Admin

View user profile http://t40mafia.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The other Peavey basses

Post  Frank N. Peavey on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:02 am

I missed out on a nice red Patiot bass last year. I had the desire but no dead presidents to back it up. I really liked the neck on it and it played really good. Well, as good as I can make a bass sound. Very Happy

The local Peavey dealer has a really nice red Foundation that I love playing. He's pretty proud of it and I don't see anybody giving him what he's asking for it.
Frank N. Peavey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacatto on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Being new to bass (last year) I've yet to play most of the US models. study

Frank, what is the certificate or paper you're holding in your avatar?
Stacatto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank N. Peavey on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:56 pm

That was the letter that came with the guitar in the picture. I had been searching for a red/rosewood T-60 because that is my holy grail. When one would come available I never had the cash available. So one came available and some good folks over at T-60 Mafia chipped in and purchased it for me.

I knew nothing about it until I got a call from the post office to come pick up a box from ITOC. That's the International T-60 (or T-series) Owner's Club. The whole drive to the post office I was racking my brain trying to figure out what it was.

I gave the slip the lady behind the counter and a few minutes later she brought a guitar shipping box to me. I shook my head and said I hadn't ordered one. She said you're name is on the package, it's yours.

Still not knowing what was happening I signed for the box and took it to my truck. I tried to open in the parking lot but folks were waiting for a spot to park. So I headed back to the house.

I knew something was up because of the weight. So I drove home really quick and opened the box up. Between the boxes was the letter telling me why it was purchased for me. I got all teary eyed as I opened the inner box. Lo and behold my holy grail. I still get misty eyed when I pick her up and even look at her. Her name is Scarlett. One day soon I will transplant a set of toaster pickups in her.

But if I keep her stock and leave the blade pickups in she is a near identical match for Red Sonia (my T-40). Other than the different switches, that is.
Frank N. Peavey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacatto on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:41 pm

Great guitar, and story, Frank! Are you collecting serial numbers/specs on other models, or T60 only?
Stacatto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottpro1969 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Tony is a great guy and a fellow airman. What they did for him says a lot about Tony's character and how much people think about him. He puts a lot of heart and soul into helping out people on the T-60 site and collecting his serial number database. Had I known about that guitar purchase I would have definitely donated some $$, and I'm proud to have him over here.

Scottpro1969
Admin

View user profile http://t40mafia.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank N. Peavey on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks Scott. I truly don't deserve the praise or the gift T-60. I'm just doing what I can to help out.

Yes. I am still collecting all Peavey instrument serial numbers and details. My bass side is slowly catching up with my guitar side. Any additions would be greatly appreciated.
Frank N. Peavey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank N. Peavey on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:25 am

I guess I really should get a picture with Red Sonia made for my avatar here.
Frank N. Peavey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top