Boomy sound-help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boomy sound-help

Post  Crikker on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:56 pm

I can't stand the sound I'm getting now with my bass/amp/cab. Here's what I have.

T-40
CarvinBX1200 amp

I can't for the life of me, get a sound that I like. It's like I'm stuck in this trebbly hell and can't get out. I just listened to the sound of the Scars with John Mackie thread and I can't come close to that. Neither of my T's adjust sound much and whatever I try with the amp sucks. I'm not sure where to go with this but I need help. Mad

Crikker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Meaty sound

Post  scoorieboy on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:13 am

I like All of the bridge pickup, about a quarter of the neck pickup, and both pickups in- phase. Keep playing with it.
scoorieboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Boomy sound-help

Post  Crikker on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Anyone run into this? The bass I'm having problems with is a toaster 79-80. Not exactly sure. I put the flats on it and I still can't get a good sound out of it. At least one that I like. I A/B'd my non-toaster right along side of it and the non sounded so much better. Good bassy sound while the older one was twangy. What gives? I thought that the older models sounded deeper or more muted. Not this one. Should I bring it in for some kind of setup or is that just the way it is?

Crikker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ack on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:43 pm

If it's any help: I run my T-40 through a MXR M80 DI - with the right person playing it, it sounds killer.
ack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top