~~ Hello ~~

View previous topic View next topic Go down

~~ Hello ~~

Post  bloody hammer on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:04 am

First of all... I was pleasantly surprised to learn that not only are there more lovers of the T40 out there but there's also a website set up for us! So, Hello and many thanks to all involved in running this place.

I had my first T40 back in high school when they first came out.... Bought it right off the wall with the money I'd managed to save up. I do not remember how much it cost but i do recall minimum wage was less than $3.00 an hour (and reefer was $30 an ounce)... so it took me awhile to save up.

Typical story... High school garage band with no bass player and too many guitar players. I drew the short straw (literally) and I was "demoted" to bass player. So, saved up some money and bought that T40 because I liked the way it looked but mostly because it was what I could afford.

Even though my heart wasn't into playing bass I instantly loved that thing. The way it looked but more so the way it felt.

Another typical story... somewhere along the way I sold it for next to nothing and went back to playing guitar. I more less put it out of my mind.

Over the next 25+ years I would periodically run across someone playing a T40 and I would get to thinking about the one I'd had and how much I'd enjoyed it. It finally started bothering me that I'd more or less given it away.

A couple of months ago I started watching eBay and noticed that there seems to be at least three or four T40's for sale at any given time. So, a few days ago on a whim I grabbed one. Let me tell you... It is everything that I remember and more. I am in love with this thing. I am so happy to have it that I'm not even allowing myself to regret waiting so long to do it. It is what it is and all that matters is that I have one now and it's the best money I have spent in a long time. Even though I am not much of a bass player I love every minute I can have playing this thing.

To top it off I discover there are others out there that love the Peavey T40. I need nor want any other bass (except maybe more T40's!!!)

bloody hammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Hello ~~

Post  Frank N. Peavey on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:38 am

Welcome to the show!

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s, T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Bandit, Musician 400, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Frank N. Peavey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blanket on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:05 pm

Hey, welcome aboard, you'll find that there are a few of us around, and most are heavily into Peavey "T's". I remember an interview with Kenny Rogers where he said that he was advised to take up the bass because there were many more opportunities for mediocre bass players than mediocre guitar players.

blanket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum