Christmas in November

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christmas in November

Post  Scottpro1969 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Well I got my Musicians Friend catalog in the mail a couple weeks ago. I've been GASing for a Hofner Contemporary Beatle bass and they have them listed in the catalog for $699 including hardshell case. On their online store it's listed for $769. Hmmm.

I've been hinting to my wife that it would make a great Christmas gift. Get home from a day of shopping, check my email an there's an email from MF. They're giving 15% off for Veterans Day. Well, I couldn't pass that up. Even the wife said, GO AHEAD!

Called MF. Placed order. The guy says the discount will be off of $769. NOOOOO. Luckily I still had the catalog because as it turns out it was a misprint. I'm not complaining!!!

So I got the bass for $594.15 Razz Razz Still a lot of money but I've wanted one since they came out. I bought a set of NOS Rickenbacker flatwound strings from a guy on the Rickenbacker forum that I'm planning to put on there. Someone on that forum said that Paul McCartney loves those strings for his Hofner. If it's true then I'm sold. They haven't made these strings in years.

I'll post an opinion after I get the bass and set up, which probably won't be for a while because my wife said she's taking it and will wrap it up and put it under the tree. We'll see if that actually happens Wink

Scottpro1969
Admin

View user profile http://t40mafia.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas in November

Post  Stacatto on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:01 am

Great find, and buy!

My wife has this funny idea like you mentioned.

She 'thinks' things should go out of sight, or in the back of the closet until closer to the holiday! Shocked
I've got a surprise for her on layaway, a new CAR Fender MIM Strat. Shhhh!
Stacatto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottpro1969 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:28 am

NICE!!! She plays too? How great! My wife plays piano but has no interest in stringed instruments. My son is learning Trumpet. He likes it but wants to learn guitar. He's only 11 so I told him if he sticks with trumpet, I'll get him a guitar and help him to learn.

Scottpro1969
Admin

View user profile http://t40mafia.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank N. Peavey on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Way cool Scott!
Frank N. Peavey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content