Used car fail

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Used car fail

Post  Scottpro1969 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:36 am

So I live on base and just need a beater car to get back and forth to work, which is only about 3 miles one way. My little hoopty, which I bought 3 years ago for $500 finally died. I never put a dime into the car except for normal maintenance so I think I got my money's worth out of it Razz

My wife works at Menards in Minot which is about a 20 mile drive one way. We have a Dodge Durango which, while it's been a great SUV for us, it's a gas pig averaging 15.5 mpg. Hang with me, this is going somewhere.

The wife and I go downtown looking for something used, but reliable for me. With the economy literally booming here, it's incredible I've never seen anything like it....used cars were expensive as hell. So the wife starts looking at new cars, great....you see where this is going, right?

She starts rationalizing that we're spending so much money in gas for her to go to work in the Durango that it might make more sense to get HER a car and have ME use the Durango. Long story short, we rolled out of the dealership with a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and a car payment for the next 5 years. Mad

Seriously though, it's all good. The last brand new car I bought was a 1990 Ford Taurus. She's happy, and I'm....um it doesn't really matter now does it... Razz Razz

Scottpro1969
Admin

View user profile http://t40mafia.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Used car fail

Post  Stacatto on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:32 am

Yeah! cheers

That import brand has been a rising star in many categories over the years. And we all know that the warranty trade off is 'peace of mind' aka sleep at night. My vee-hicle is still under warranty (first new car since '87), and she purrs like a kitten...
Stacatto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank N. Peavey on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Sometimes it just works out.

I am looking for something to replace my 2007 Ram. That 45 minute drive to and from my "quality" retirement job is killing me in gas for the Ram.
Frank N. Peavey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blanket on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:52 pm

It seems that the economy being what it is, folks are a bit leery of buying new cars, and have driven the prices up for used ones. Now I know why I didn't do all that well in economics.

blanket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top