My '84 Foundation

Post  audiomitch on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:57 pm

audiomitch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My '84 Foundation

Post  Frank N. Peavey on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:58 pm

Sweet! I love that!

Chip may have some truss rod covers available. Shoot him a PM and see what he's got. I've got a couple of his handmade ones on some of my T's.
Frank N. Peavey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottpro1969 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Wow. A natural Foundation? I don't think I've ever seen one. I doubt that is a refinish, the grain is too nice to have that covered up with paint from the factory. That is SWEET!!! I miss my Foundation and super ferrite pickups in general. They're some of the best sounding pickups I've ever heard. Gorgeous bass. Do you know the history on that bass?

Scottpro1969
Admin

View user profile http://t40mafia.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank N. Peavey on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 am

I have only seen a handful of natural/maple ones like this. Pretty rare for sure.
Frank N. Peavey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  audiomitch on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Thanks! It's definitely not a refin, I called Peavey and it was shipped (on 7/26/84) with a natural finish.

I don't know the history, I found it on Craigslist for $100! I wasn't really sure what to expect, I used to make fun of all the Peavey stuff in the old days. First time I played it I knew it was a keeper. The finish is slightly worn, but the frets are amazingly good and the neck is straight.

One of the issues was that a tuning machine was missing it's ear. So I had to replace the tuners with a set of Grover Titans that worked out real well. I kept the original tuners in case I can ever figure out how to find and replace the ear. As noted, it was also missing the truss rod cover but I found one on eBay.

After all these years, I'm a Peavey convert! Now I'm looking for a deal on a T-40 Very Happy

audiomitch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top